Are you looking for a version of WhatsApp for your PC? Do you want to know how to install WhatsApp for Windows? Maybe you would like to put WhatsApp on your Macs dock. Here you will find a definitive guide to running WhatsApp messenger on your computer.
Whether you are running Mac OS or Windows 10 (or older versions), there are two possible ways that you can use WhatsApp on your computer. The first way is to open WhatsApp web from your browser. The second is by downloading an app for your PC or Apple Mac.
Lets look at these two options in detail.
How to use WhatsApp on your computer through WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is a version of the instant messaging app that is designed to run on a PC and Mac. This version has been rolled out to enrich the communication experience of users by offering a multi-platform access to the app.
However, since most people already use WhatsApp on their phone, the Web version is relatively unknown. This does not necessarily mean that it is not worth using, indeed it is the opposite.
Running WhatsApp on your desktop save you time by enabling faster typing as well as not having to take your eyes of your computer. This is particularly helpful while you are working or doing something important.
- A WhatsApp account on your phone. There is no need to open a new account.
- An internet connection for both your computer and your phone.
- The latest version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari or Mozilla.
If you have all the necessary requirements then you can proceed as follows:
- Go to web.whatsapp.com from your computer.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and tap on WhatsApp Web from the menu.
- Scan the QR code which appears on your computer screen.
You are now able to use WhatsApp on your PC. Once you have finished, don’t forget to log off as it will still be active as long as your smartphone is nearby.
N.B This procedure is the same whether you have an Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.
WhatsApp Desktop For Mac And Windows.
How to install WhatsApp on PC and Mac
If you want to keep WhatsApp within clickable reach, you can download and install in on your computer for free. You just need to go to the official WhatsApp download page and select the version for Mac or Windows 8 or higher (without Bluestacks).
Unfortunately there is no official version for Linux users although you are still able to install software called Whatsie as an alternative. This application allows you to have WhatsApp on Ubuntu. It is very simple to use and provides all the same characteristics of the official version.
WhatsApp Web And Desktop Version VS Smartphone App
If you think that WhatsApp Web and the desktop are something special then I’m afraid that you will be greatly disappointed. They give you, more or less, the same smartphone apps functionalities but without the ability to make phone calls.
Warning: WhatsApp Web and the desktop version require you to scan a QR code using the app on the smartphone. Once you have scanned the code, you can then use WhatsApp from both your computer and smartphone. This means that if you don’t log out after you have finished, anybody who has access to your computer can spy on your WhatsApp conversations.
5 Things You Need To Know About WhatsApp For Computer
- When you use WhatsApp on a computer at your workplace, your conversations may be spied on by your boss. In the USA, 1 in 5 SME owners admitted to tracking activity on their employees computer.
- The web version has a similar interface to the one on the phone, the difference is that it is bigger. You can use emoticons, send documents, see the contacts list and so on.
- If you want to send a voice message, you will be required to allow or deny WhatsApp Web and desktop app by using the microphone your computer.
- You will never be required to download any software to use WhatsApp Web. All you need to do is to go to web.whatsap.com and follow the procedure listed above. Only if you want to have the app within your computers programs you need to download it.
- WhatsApp Web and desktop applications are completely free.
HOW DO I SEND PICTURES AND VIDEOS FROM WHATSAPP WEB AND DESKTOP?
- You can send any video or picture from the computer versions. To do so, open the group of contact that you want to share content with. That the upper paperclip icon and upload the video or picture from your computer. The limit for each upload is 16 MB.
HOW DO I ENABLE OR DISABLE WHATSAPP WEB NOTIFICATIONS? HOW DO I ENABLE AND CONFIGURE DESKTOP ALERTS?
- You can receive notifications both on WhatsApp Web or desktop notifications. The notifications can be found at the bottom right of the screen once you have activated it. To turn them on tap Setting >Turn on desktop notifications in the blue box at the top of the chat list and then click “allow.” To turn off WhatsApp Web or desktop notifications, click on the three dots Menu, then click on Settings > Notifications and uncheck Sound and Desktop Alerts. You can also temporarily disable notifications by going to Notifications> Turn off alerts and sounds for…and pick the desired amount of time. If you are not receiving any kind of alerts, check to see if you have turned on notifications in your browser or if you have muted them.
CAN I MAKE A PHONE CALL VIA WHATSAPP WEB OR DESKTOP?
- It is not currently possible to make phone calls via WhatsApp web and desktop version. The company stated that the service has been tested on a “small number of people” and it will be rolled out in the near future. This will increase the messaging app ever increasing dominance of the communications field.
WhatsApp Web was designed as a solution for users who prefer to use the application on a computer rather than on a mobile device. The service is easy to install as well as easy to use. Essentially, Web users can enjoy all aspects of the mobile application, only on a much larger scale.