Looking for a way to view a private Instagram account and “spy” on its posts, stories or Reels without needing to follow it? You’re in the right place!!! In this guide I’ll share with you everything I’ve learned over the years about this topic without going nuts jumping from one tutorial to the next.
Let me introduce myself.
Hello everyone! It is your good friend Frankie Caruso here once more – your Italian nerdy friend raised on pizza, spaghetti and social media.
Free Gift: I would like to make you a gift – if you want to receive tricks like these regarding the most used messaging apps, sign up for my weekly newsletter for free. I’ll drop you the link and I’ll be waiting for you to join in 😉
But back to us.
There may be so many reasons why you want to view a private Instagram account without following: curiosity to see what an ex is doing who after you broke up, has set his profile private, and deleted you from their followers; or to see the posts of someone you like but don’t want to follow; to see the posts of your son who to keep that things hidden from you, has blocked you; etc.
All very valid reasons!
Well, I have good news for you.
Although Instagram does not have a feature that allows you to breach the privacy of a private profile, there are many alternative solutions.
I want to be honest with you: some of these solutions are easy to put into practice, others not so much. But trust me, if you follow me step by step you will have no trouble.
Here, besides the “classic” methods, I will also tell you which are the best Instagram private account viewer. In other words, websites (or apps) that can bypass Instagram privacy and show you the contents of a private IG profile.
Naturally, the solutions included in this tutorial are all tested by me, and therefore work 100%.
So, I would say not to waste any more time and learn the facts straight away.
You cannot directly spy on private accounts without using some sort of spyware for Instagram. To see what they post without this route, you will need to send them a request and wait for their approval. I am going to list your options beyond this traditional route here below.
3 Ways Non-Followers Can See Content from Private Instagram Accounts
With the introduction out of the way, it is time to see in more detail three of the ways that you can investigate private Instagram accounts.
Let’s get started.
You might find that monitoring other social networks is a great Ave for seeing content posted to a private Instagram account.
Even the Instagram help center features a page about sharing content from a private account to other social networks. This reads: “If an individual who has a private profile shares a photo or video on a social network (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.) using Instagram, the image will be visible on that social network and a link to the content will be active. That is, anyone who has access to the direct link/URL of the image will be able to see the photo”.
I realized that it could be quite tricky to access private contents that you might be searching for through other social networks.
However, this option cannot be ignored.
You should realize, however, that in order to accomplish this you have to meet two specific conditions.
The first, is that the content must have been published to other platforms like Facebook.
The second, is that the content must have been posted with privacy settings that allow it to be visible. For example, if the content was posted in the private form, even on Facebook, you will have no access.
Did you get all that? If you want to try to find the contents of a private Instagram profile using other social networks, you first started by accessing the platform that you wish to search, such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, TikTok, Stories on WhatsApp and more.
Locate the account of the user in questioned by searching for either their first and last name or by their username that they might also have on Instagram.
It might seem odd, but there is some success in viewing private Instagram content through other social networks that these account owners might be using. People love to share photos, videos, and stories on multiple platforms simultaneously, and some of this sharing just happens automatically (such as Facebook and TikTok) with specific settings.
2. Use A Different Account
Another option you might consider to view content posted on private accounts is to use a different account than yours.
Perhaps you already have a friend or family member that has made the cut to be one of this private account’s followers so you might simply ask them to allow you to view the account and view its content.
Now, you can also create a fake account altogether and send a request to the private profile and see if they accept it.
We don’t recommend anyone create a fake account as this is generally unfair practice all around but if you are not afraid to put on your deception suit and would prefer not to deal with the annoyances of sending a follow request from your own normal account, at least make your fake profile realistic and interesting.
Your account cannot be bare.
You need to get a good number of followers and put up some decent quality photos to make it believable.
Remember that if the person you send the request to doesn’t know this fake account, which they won’t, it is possible that they will just leave you hanging and never accept/deny your request.
It should go without saying that if you know a friend, family member, or colleague who already has access to this profile, just ask them if you can take a look. You should know that creating a fake account is against Instagram’s rules.
3. Private Instagram Viewer Apps (best choice)
Now, this is where things start to become interesting!
Are you ready to become a little hacker? 😈
As I told you at the beginning of this guide, there are apps – or websites – that allow you to view private Instagram accounts.
Some are really straightforward to use: just register, pay a small fee and enter the profile name of the account you want to “spy” on.
Others are more complex – because they have to be linked to the mobile phone of the person who owns the profile -but they are more comprehensive and reliable.
Please pay close attention to what I am about to tell you.
Many of these websites or apps are scams, so make sure they actually work before using them.
Here I will only share with you the ones that work 100%. I don’t want to disappoint you or waste your time and money. You can trust me.
Glassagram is the quickest and easiest solution to view to view a private Instagram account on Android phone.
Glassagram is an online software, and you can access it from here.
It allows for anonymous viewing of private profiles, Instagram Stories, Videos, Direct Messages, and Likes.
All you need is the account name of the person you want to “spy” on.
Let me elaborate on how this works.
- The first thing you need to do is access Glassagram’s website.
- Then click on the Try Now button.
- Now you will be asked to enter the profile name of the person you want to monitor. You can enter either the profile name (e.g. @username) or the link to their Instagram profile (for example, https://www.instagram.com/username/). Than tap on Watch Now 😎
- Create your account by entering your email.
- Choose your subscription plan and make your payment. You will receive an email containing your dashboard login information.
- Now login into your Glassagram account. An installation wizard will start. Click on Next to start the wizard and then follow the onscreen prompts to install the Glassagram on the target phone.
- Finally when the installation is complete you will see a screen congratulation process complete! Click on Done and you are ready to track the Instagram account of the target person.
So, as you can see, it’s all very straightforward.
Now I would like to show you the pros and cons of Glassagram so that you can better understand whether it is right for you or not.
- Very easy to use
- It allows you to download your spied account’s Instagram stories
- The customer support is very efficient
- There is a free version, but it only works for non-private profiles and therefore does not allow you to view private Instagram accounts
- It only works on Android phones, not on iPhone
- It is fee-based (although they all are)
- You need your victim’s mobile phone at hand
mSpy is definitely he most widely used app to view a private Instagram account without following.
I’m sure that, if you’ve read other blogs, you’ve already heard about it.
It was born as a Parental Control app (i.e., designed to help parents monitor their children and protect them from the dangers of the Internet) and that makes it 100% legal.
To be honest, it is also used to view private Instagram profiles.
It works on both iPhone and Android and allows you – in addition to seeing everything that happens on an Instagram profile (likes, posts, comments, messages, Stories, etc.) – also to check incoming and outgoing calls, emails, text messages and conversations on other social networks such as Facebook or WhatsApp.
So, it is super full-featured, you can find all its features on this page.
Now let me show you how it works.
The installation process differs depending on whether your victim’s mobile phone is an iPhone or an Android.
Generally speaking, the steps to follow are as follows
- Purchase a license on mSpy’s official website (by accessing from this link you will get a 30% discount).
- A few moments later you will receive an email with your dashboard login information.
- From your dashboard you will be able to begin the installation process on your victim’s phone. If it’s an iPhone you’ll be able to install mSpy remotely by knowing your victim’s Apple ID information (you’ll actually need to have their device handy for a few seconds to validate the two-factor verification). If your victim has an Android phone, on the other hand, you’ll need physical access to the device.
- After the installation is completed you can, always from the control panel, see everything that happens on the private Instagram profile.
To make things easier for you, and actually help you, I have prepared a guide with all the steps of installation step by step, here it is: mSpy – complete guide. Enjoy your reading!
Should you fail to install the app even with the help of my tutorial, mSpy offers a paid support service – called mAssistance – in which an operator will do it for you via remote assistance (you will need to have a PC to which the operator will connect remotely via a program).
The monitored person will not know anything about what is going on. In fact, mSpy software works in “stealth” mode and the victim is not able to detect it (let me explain: no logo with mSpy app will appear in the home of the victim’s mobile phone).
Awesome, but how much does mSpy cost?
mSpy’s price varies depending on the type of subscription you choose: whether monthly, quarterly or yearly.
The single month costs about $45. If you wish to purchase the quarterly, the monthly price drops to $25. The annual subscription costs $9 per month.
You can cancel anytime and if you were not happy you can ask for a refund via the chat on their website.
Let me show you now the pros and cons of mSpy.
- Works on both Android and iPhone
- Quick installation
- Real time updates
- 360 degree mobile phone monitoring
- 24/7 multilingual support
- It is on a monthly fee basis
uMobix is a very similar app to mSpy.
I had a chance to test it for a few months and I must say that it is very well crafted: functional, easy to use and, most importantly, easy to install.
It allows you to view from remote what is going on a private Instagram profile: stories, reels, posts, comments and likes.
It works on both iPhone and Android.
Using uMobix is quite simple:
- Create your uMobix account and purchase a subscription (10% OFF).
- Install the software on the mobile phone of the person whose Instagram profile you intend to view by following the wizard. Believe me, it is very simple.
- Access your dashboard and start monitoring.
Now let’s see its pros and cons.
- It allows you to track much more than just private Instagram profiles
- Great value for money
- Support always helpful and friendly
- Root or Jailbreak are not necessary
- Free 7-days trial
- For iOS, there are fewer functions compared to those for Android.
4. InstaHack by xMobi
InstaHack is an extremely user-friendly software (designed by xMobi) that allows you to view the activities of any Instagram profile, even a private one.
Using it is a piece of cake.
All you have to do is:
- Head over to InstaHack’s website
- Enter the link to the Instagram profile you want to “spy on” and click the Hack button
- Wait a few seconds for InstaHack to load the profile info and then click Download.
- Enter your email and finalize your payment (you will see xMobi and not InstaHack, but don’t worry because it is the same thing)
- You will receive by email your login details to access your control panel. Next, proceed with the installation.
- Download data and view Instagram profile activities
It’s all pretty self-explanatory and simple. In fact I will say that it is easier to do it than to explain it 😜
As I did for the other apps I will now show you its pros and cons.
- Extremely user-friendly
- Works on both iPhone and Android
- There is no need to perform Root or Jailbreak
- Quick installation process (less than 5 min)
- You need access to the victim’s mobile phone
- It costs a small fee
Beware of scams: the 3rd Party Instagram Viewer tools you should NOT use.
It may seem unnecessary, but I want to make sure you don’t make any mistakes..
Googling around you might come across some websites that promise to let you view the contents of a private Instagram profile by entering only the account name.
Alright, I have tested them all and 99.9% of them are SCAMS. Stay away from them!!!
Indeed, these websites, after you enter your Instagram account, ask you to answer a survey or verification. They show you links but if you try to click on them, they’re all ads.
But what are these scam sites?
The most popular ones are:
- Private Insta
- Private Instagram Viewer
- Private Photo Viewer
1. How to view Instagram private accounts without verification or survey?
As I told you these websites that ask you for verification or to answer a survey are scams.
The best alternative solutions are spyware apps or classic methods like using a fake Instagram account, googling and seeing if you can find information or spying on other social networks.
2. What are the best apps to view private instagram accounts?
I listed the best 4 for you in this guide.
In my opinion for value for money, ease of use and security of the information collected are:
Naturally, there are plenty more (e.g., Flexispy, Hoverwatch, Spyic, etc.) but these are by far my favorite.
And thus concludes today’s guide.
As you have seen, you cannot directly view someone’s private content on their Instagram profile.
To see the photos and videos that they post, you have to send them a request and wait for approval. You did read about possible workarounds that could help you avoid the red tape of acceptance.
Honestly, the best of these and most reliable is an Instagram spy app, but you would need a target’s phone for a few minutes to install it. There is also the pesky problem of it being illegal.
If you have any more questions or concerns on the topic, you can always drop a comment on this article, and I will be sure to get back with you as quickly as I can.