In this article, I can explain a surefire methods of sending and replying to WhatsApp messages without indicating you are online. This works for both iPhone and Android devices.
Hi! Frankie here again to teach you another magic trick so you can use WhatsApp in a psuedo-incognito mode.
So, you’ve received a message on WhatsApp from a contact and you have been ignoring it to prevent them being alerted to your online presence.
You might also be wary that your partner is able to track your whereabouts through the application. While dealing with a super jealous partner is a very challenging situation all around, I do have a solution for preventing their intrusion to WhatsApp.
You need to find the right ways that you can protect your phone from prying eyes.
Getting back on track, you should know that there are three primary methods for you to get around informing everyone when you are reading and replying to WhatsApp messages.
To put it briefly, I want to explain how you can chat offline with someone. This will not show a status change to being ‘online,’ and your ‘last seen’ information does not change, either.
This information can be a real lifesaver in the right circumstances.
Ready to get started? In the discussion below, we can explain two ways to hide your visibility but stay active in the WhatsApp messaging application.
Check out the entire articles, and then if you want to become wholly invisible while chatting on the application, you can check out a different article about the Slimer Method.
3 Ways of Chatting on WhatsApp without Changing ‘Last Seen’ for iOS and Android
There are three ways listed below that have been successfully working for a long time to send and receive messages without showing that you are online.
I love evergreen stuff.
The first two listed methods are effective on any operating system, but the last of these options is only effective on Android phones.
Method I: Appearing Offline with Airplane Mode
- Activate Airplane Mode – Doing this will disable the Wi-Fi, mobile network, and any available internet connection on your smart device. Check this out if you don’t know how to do it.
- Read the Message – Open up the WhatsApp conversation that you want to read and respond to.
- Write Your Response – Write the response you want and choose to Send.
- Close WhatsApp – Close out of WhatsApp completely.
- Deactivate Airplane Mode – You can reactivate the Wi-Fi and the mobile network connections through turning off airplane mode. If you have not activated it, you can turn on the mobile data and Wi-Fi manually.
WhatsApp automatically can send your replies without showing that you are online. With this system, you can retain your previous ‘last seen’ status rather than modifying it with the actual last time you were on the app. Check this out if you know more on sending messages on WhatsApp without internet connection.
Let me be honest, this is a very effective method for reading and sending messages, but it can be pretty annoying to manage whether or not airplane mode is activated on your device every time you want to reply or send without changing your status.
You can utilize this system if you do not miss the notification for a new message that appears at the top of the screen.
- Swipe down towards the bottom of the screen to enter the notification center.
- You can locate the WhatsApp message you want to reply to.
- Locate the reply button on this banner.
- Tap this reply button and compose the response that you want to send.
- Once you are done with typing a response – you can hit the send button.
With this approach, you can both read and respond to messages without appearing online or changing your last-seen status.
As I have said before, the literal process might vary slightly given the phone that you use. If you have some confusion, you can google your type of phone and ‘reply from notification center.’
If you delete received messages from the notification center of an Android or iPhone, you cannot use this method.
Method III: Unseen App for Android Devices
A third option for this discretion is the ‘Unseen App’ for Android.
This is software running on your phone that allows you to read any WhatsApp message in incognito mode.
This enables you to read messages and prepare the appropriate response before you technically ‘get online.’ It is, however, not as effective with group messaging.
I have not tested this application myself, but I have read some differing views and opinions about it. You can give a try, or just use one of the first two options that are more evergreen.
Hopefully you have found the discussions above helpful.
Personal privacy is a serious issue that you should never take for granted, especially with your portable devices.
Maximize WhatsApp Account Security With These Steps
Sending WhatsApp messages without appearing online is only part of the equation to ensure the privacy of your smartphone.
Here are some other options that you can consider as well:
- Hide WhatsApp message previews
- Delete all photos, videos, and audio from WhatsApp and device
- Enable Two-Step Verification With Whatsapp
- Clean data traffic (showing who you chat with the most)
- Lock WhatsApp with a password
- Cheating on WhatsApp without getting caught
Take a sigh of relief – you’ve made it to the end and you are well aware of how to keep your information and conversations safe from prying eyes.
1. Does WhatsApp show online when replying from notification?
No, when you reply to a WhatsApp message directly from the notification banner without opening the app, it does not show you as online. Your online status remains unchanged, and the sender will not see that you are online.
2. How can I use WhatsApp without my friend knowing that I am online? I want my last seen bar to say yesterday.
Using the methods mentioned in the article, your friend won’t know that you are online. However, you cannot manually change your last seen status to display an earlier date. Your last seen status will reflect the actual time you were last active on WhatsApp.
3. How can I read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying?
You can read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying by enabling Airplane Mode on your device. By doing so, you can read the messages without triggering the “read receipt” or showing your online status to the sender. Alternatively, you can also read messages directly from the notification center without opening the app, which allows you to read the content without sending any read receipts or notifications.
Now that we have reached the end of this guide, I can only hope that the information that you have received here has been helpful.
I will give you a brief summary of what I said to make sure that I have not missed anything. There are three ways to send messages through WhatsApp without getting online. They are:
- Activating airplane mode on your Android smartphone or iPhone
- Respond to a message from the notification banner on your phone
- This Android-only solution is an app called Unseen that allows you to be invisible on WhatsApp
After that, I showed you how to maximize your privacy on your phone. You can feel much more secure and confident that your conversations are not getting read.
That’s all I have for you!
If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts, reach out to me in a comment below and I will get back with you. Come back soon to check out even more helpful tips and tricks.