By the time you are done reading this article, you will have a solid foundation about sharing your location with your friends and contacts in WhatsApp as well as some precautions to take with a risky feature like this.
This feature allows you to share your location with your friends and family in real time. For a designated period of time, a map will show up on the thread to divulge your precise location. For the most part, this feature is safe and secure for you to use.
With 👉heavy encryptions to keep your information safe, you have even more options on your end by choosing how long someone can see your precise location by providing a timer. You can even override this timer and manually stop sharing this information at any time you choose.
Let’s see how Live Location works on both Android and iPhone platforms.
Sharing Your Location on WhatsApp Using Android or iPhone
Sharing this information is able to be accomplished in just a couple of taps, but there are some things that you have to have done prior to attempting it. For starters, you have to grant WhatsApp permission to use your location services. Secondly, you have to have the most recent version of WhatsApp installed on your phone.
With An Android Phone
- Open WhatsApp and then the thread of the person you want to share your location with
- Tap on the “attach” option next to the input bar. (On some platforms it might also be located in the bottom right corner)
- Tap on “Location”
- Tap “Share Live Location” and then choose to continue
- Set a timer for how long this information stays in the thread
- Once you have selected a time frame, choose the green arrow to share your location in the thread
With An iPhone
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Open up a chat that you want to share your location to
- Tap the button with a plus sign, then tap on “Location”
- Next, tap “Share Live Location”
- Set the duration of time you wish to share this information and tap the send button to submit it to the thread
To Stop Sharing Live Location
Accomplishing this is very simple, and it can also be done in just a few clicks.
All you have to do to remove the shared location information is to open up the thread where it is located and choose the option “Stop Sharing”. This will remove your location from the thread.
The Precautions and Drawbacks of Live Location Sharing
There are likely thousands of couples that are experiencing troubles thanks to this feature on WhatsApp. Now with simple software and the use of WhatsApp, nosy significant others 👉can spy on their partners with ease.
In fact, there are several different ways that someone determined enough could always know where their partner is with just a few seconds and a couple of taps.
For example, a jealous husband or wife could take the phone of their significant other, enter the application and choose to share a live location with their own account for a very long time. Now they only have to open WhatsApp to know exactly where you are at any point in the day.
As an added precaution on your end, you should consider locking your phone with a unique code and never leaving it unattended. This way no one can use this feature against you.
Hopefully this article was able to help you better understand Live Location and how you can utilize this feature in your messaging application. If you have any further questions or trouble using this feature, drop a comment below so we can help you out.