This article has been specifically written to give you the knowledge to get out of Facebook group chats in a matter of a few taps. This process works for all of the major platforms and any device that is capable of running Messenger.
You likely already know how annoying it is to get invited into a group message that you wanted no part of, or no longer wish to be privy to. Being in a conversation like this, you are subjected to all the messages written to the group and responses from these messages. It’s tiresome. When you no longer want to be a part of this, you are looking for the way to get yourself out of the conversation quickly.
Sure, you can let the thread die out on its own or simply mute it, but you don’t have to go through this trouble. Messenger has provided a way out, literally.
So, without further ado, here is how you get rid of the conversation (along with every annoying notification that comes along with it).
The process is a little different between Android and iPhone, so we will examine both of them separately.
Quitting Messenger Group On iPhone
- Open Messenger on your device.
- Tap on the conversation you want to be removed from.
- Tap on the names of the people/group name at the top.
- Tap “Leave Group”, which you might have to scroll down a bit to see.
- Once you are prompted, tap “Leave”. The group is now gone from your active threads.
Quitting Messenger Group On Android
- Open up Messenger.
- Select the group you wish to leave.
- Tap on the “i” icon.
- Then tap the 3 dots symbol in the corner of the screen.
- Select to “Leave The Group”.
It really is that simple to get yourself out of an annoying group messaging conversation on Facebook Messenger. Bear in mind, once you leave a group, other members are notified that you have left.
While the process might seem straightforward, it is possible that you might struggle with the steps. If you have any trouble or further questions, be sure to leave a comment below so I can help you out.