In this article, I can explain how to reveal a different location in WhatsApp whether you have an iPhone or Android. This gimmick can trick the recipient of your message.
Today I can explain a little trick about WhatsApp that might come in handy.
You have likely already shared your location before on WhatsApp, correct?
For general purposes, it is meant so that contacts can find you and engage in face-to-face meetings instead of only using the application.
But as you might have already learned, it also has some disadvantages.
In fact, you might find yourself in a place where you do not wish to indulge your location to your friends and family – even if they are requesting it.
You might even be looking to hide something from your partner or spouse (be careful they could catch you cheating).
Now you are working how to send different locations in WhatsApp, aren’t you?
Don’t worry, I’m here to explain the process.
Follow these instructions below and in no time at all, you can send fake locations on WhatsApp designed to disguise where you really are.
It is actually pretty easy.
It might also be a solution you can use to show your friends and family exactly where something is without ‘deceiving’ them.
Enjoy reading and sharing!
Before we get too into different solutions for sharing locations on WhatsApp, you need to take a moment to better understand the concept of GPS.
I can also explain how to activate this feature on your smartphone.
GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite-based function designed to pinpoint points, complete with data of date and time, for devices equipped with a receiver to interpret and share this information.
You can use this technology to locate devices with high accuracy, within usually 20 meters.
Because this feature exists, it can be useful to establish the position of a device geographically – in this case a smartphone. If necessary, this information can get shared.
If you are using an Android smartphone,
- Going into the notification area, swipe from the top towards the bottom for a quick access menu. You can then look for an icon that indicates GPS, but might be labeled as Location or Location Info.)
- Tap on this icon and see it light up, indicating that you have activated the feature.
- Grant access permissions to GPS by selecting ALLOW as soon as a GPS request pops up.
You may not find the GPS icon in the quick access menu I suggested that you use, however.
Relax – there’s always another way.
Try this out:
- Got to the settings on your phone by tapping on the gear icon in your home screen or app listings (also known as a drawer).
- Scroll down to the Privacy section, tap Geolocation and turn it ON. This is done by toggling a switch on the next screen.
Depending on your Android phone, you can sometimes find geolocation or location services under the Advanced menu.
If you are still not clear, you can look over this GPS activation guide.
If you have an iPhone, you can activate GPS on the phone, just as easily.
- Tap on Settings (Gear icon) on the home screen.
- Go to Privacy > Location > Switch Tab to ON
When you are don, you can find out the most effective methods of faking your location, rather than providing the real one, on WhatsApp.
How to Send Different Locations with WhatsApp on Android
You might need to share different locations other than where you are with a contact or group for different reasons.
How do you do this? The procedure is intuitive, as you will likely soon see.
Using an Android device?
- Open WhatsApp from the menu, choose the chat that wants you to share a geographic location.
- Tap on the Staple icon next to the message writing bar on the bottom.
- A new menu appears – and click the location icon and a map will load. If it doesn’t, you have likely not given WhatsApp permissions to access GPS. To accomplish this, Continue with the question you get asked and confirm it by again tapping the ALLOW button.
- Position the cursor where you want (perhaps by clicking on the four arrow icons at the top left to allow you to see the whole map). Choose where you want from this map that loads.
- Once you have found the location you want to use, tap on the cursor and then Send this Location option. You can share the location your chose (different from where you actually are) on WhatsApp.
Now, wasn’t that easy?
Apps to Send Different Locations Through WhatsApp
If you want to, you can share a differnet GPS location from where you are using third-party apps which allow you to disguise your actual positioning to several apps.
The first that I would bring up is called Fake GPS, and it is one of the most used on Androids.
To download it, you need to go to the Google Play Store and press on the search bar at the top. Search for Fake GPS.
Tap on the first search result that comes up and choose to Install it. Wait for the app to download and install, then you can choose to Open it.
If you have not already done so, grant permissions for Fake GPS to use your location as I mentioned before.
Next, you want to go to Settings > Android Developer Options > Click on Fake Location App and Fake GPS choices.
If you cannot find a Developer Options menu, do not worry. This option should be ‘unlocked’ in a certain way. You can do this by going to the System Menu > Phone Information/Device Information > Tapping 7 consecutive times on Build Number option. For more information, use this tutorial for activating USB debugging for your Android.
Now, go back to the recently installed app and you can see that you can move around the map or search an address as you please. Use the integrated search engine to do this.
Once you have chosen your location, you can then set up a ficticious location for sharing on software like WhatsApp and other apps as though it was your current location.
You can also try GPS Emulator if you do not want Fake GPS. The two work very similarly.
A word of caution: playing too much with your GPS location can cause problems with resetting the real location of the device. I suggest you download the GPS Status & Toolbox Application so that you can solve these problems quickly if they arise.
Once you download the app, give it the appropriate permissions and you can start restoring the real location of the device through the guided procedure listed on the screen.
You might need to repeat a procedure like this several times to restore the correct function of the GPS depending on the severity of the misuse.
How to Send a Different Location with WhatsApp on iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone, and what to send a different location on WhatsApp than where you are, all you need to do is…
- Open the chat where you want to share your location and choose the plus (+) sign in the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Location from the menu and you can type an address or place’s name in the top bar on the next screen.
- Select from the results shown below to share the location to the contact on WhatsApp.
If you are having trouble, verify that WhatsApp has access to location services on your iPhone by choosing Settings > Privacy > Location and then toggling the Location tab to ON.
Scroll down the menu, click on the WhatsApp icon, and check the option While using the app so you can use a location service while you are in WhatsApp.
You may also like:
If you have any questions or concerns about what do, do not hesitate to reach out to me with a comment below. I can get back with you as soon as possible.