Downloading WhatsApp can be a little tricky for some Android users. This post should provide all the information you need, and with no time at all, you will have the application installed on your Samsung, LG, One Plus (or any kind of Android).
While actually downloading the application might be simple, it can be easy to encounter trouble from bad links or a number of other concerns, and you can waste a lot of time this way.
Our quick how to guide here is the easiest way to download and install the latest version of the full application. This will give you access to all of the latest features including 👉voice calling, but all of the traditional messaging features as well.
Android is a great platform for WhatsApp, and the application has found a great partnership with this platform. That is partly why the latest updates come to Android platforms first, followed sometimes months later by the same update for iPhones and Windows devices.
You can say that the appreciation goes both ways, as WhatsApp is the number one downloaded application from the Google Play Store of all time.
Downloading WhatsApp On Your Android Device For Free
There are actually two different ways that you can obtain the latest full version of WhatsApp on your device. Both of them are easy to do, just boils down to your own personal preferences.
1. Downloading WhatsApp From Google Play or Play Store
- Open your Play Store application and search for the name “WhatsApp.” The first result that comes up will almost always be the right one, but double check the logo and the name just to be sure. If you are looking at this site from an Android device, just click on this link here to be directed to the appropriate page.
- Click on the WhatsApp search result to get to the information page. Click to Install the application.
- To complete the download, simply open WhatsApp and allow it to finalize installation on your mobile device.
- Follow the proceeding steps and prompts on your phone carefully to set up your profile and verify your phone number for your account.
**It is important (not matter what installation method you choose) to get a look at the 👉privacy information for the application and familiarize yourself with it. **
2. Downloading WhatsApp From The Official Site Using Your Web Browser App
- Using the browser application on your device, go to the 👉official website for WhatsApp.
- There is a very clear green box on this site labeled “Download Now.” Clicking this icon will start the download onto your phone.
- If your phone shows an error with this download, go into “Settings” on your phone. Click “Security” and choose to allow installation from unknown 3rd party sources .
- Much like the first strategy, simply follow the prompts and verifications to set up your new account.
Using WhatsApp is always free. It does run on internet connectivity though, so be mindful of your data usage. Exceeding your data limits away from Wi-Fi sources could result in additional fees from your phone service provider.
Ensure that as you are installing and sending you initial first message, that your phone is connected to either mobile data or Wi-Fi. Failure to do this will cause the installation to be incomplete and possibly restarted.
⚠️ Getting an “Error-24” Message During Installation?
This unfortunate occurrence sometimes happens when using the Android operating system 4.4. This is a corruption in the com.whatsapp folder in the directory of your phones files that makes it impossible to install the application on your phone again.
While this is something that is likely working to get resolved, no credible solution exists for the error beyond factory resetting your device.
If you are running into problems installing WhatsApp on your Android device, feel free to drop a line through the comment box below. We will be sure to get back with you as soon as we can to help.