Having trouble trying to download and install Facebook messenger app? Then you have come to the right place because below is a step by step guide for all users who wish to install Messenger on their devices.
Hello friends, it’s Frankie here once again with another explanation to help you better understand some of the things we use every day: Facebook Messenger and how to download and install it.
Downloading the messenger app can be a little hectic especially when you are using a new device. However, you don’t need to be all tech savvy or be an I.T expert to download Facebook messenger. All you need is a good internet connection and our guidelines below, and you will install Facebook messenger (even if you don’t have a Facebook account) in less than ten minutes.
Let’s get started.
Simple Ways to Install Facebook Messenger
The guide below covers all users from iPhone, Android, MAC OS, Windows PC’s and a trick on how to use messenger without downloading the app. All downloads are usually free, and all you need is a stable connection.
How to install Facebook Messenger on iPhone
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device
- There is a search bar located at the bottom, tap on it and type in “Facebook Messenger” on the bar. Press the Get button, and a list of matching apps will appear
- Select the one which appears at the top and makes sure it is developed by Facebook Inc.
- Tap the install button, and if it’s been long since you installed any app, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID. Once you enter the ID, the download will commence immediately and once done; your IOS device will be prompt you to install Facebook Messenger
- Once the installation process is done you can now sign in using your Facebook account logins, from there it’s up to you to allow notifications, enter your phone number and also decide if you want to import contacts and you are now good to go
How to download Facebook Messenger on Android
- Go to your Google Play Store
- Tap on the search bar above and type in “Facebook Messenger” and again a list of matching apps will pop up. Choose the one which is developed by Facebook and tap on the install option
- You will be prompted to accept permissions before the download can begin and once you tap the accept button the download will begin
- Once the download is done, you can now install messenger then launch it by signing in with your Facebook account login details.
How to download Facebook Messenger on Mac OS
Facebook is yet to release the Messenger app for Mac OS, but the good news is that there is an unofficial app created by fans of messenger which they can use. It has similar features, and you also don’t have to open the Facebook app.
Nevertheless, the interface is not as good as that of the original messenger app but at least it offers access to your texts, below is how you download and install it.
- Go to your Mac App store and search Facebook Messenger through the search bar
- Chose the first option on the results which pop up. There are various developers but select one which shows that it is developed by Softonic
- Press the install button, and the download process will commence
- Once done run the file and agree to the license terms
- Click finish, and you can now enjoy link with your favorite humans on messenger via Mac OS
How to install Facebook Messenger on Windows Computers
- From your browser, go to Messengerfordesktop.com
- Click on the PC Free download on the list of results which pop up
- Click on save file in the dialogue box which pops up
- Once you do it will automatically download
- Open the download and run the setup file
- Click on the next option
- Read the license agreement which pops up and click agree at the bottom
- Click on the finish button to finalize the installation process
- Login to messenger using your Facebook account details
How to use Messenger without downloading the app
For those who do not like installing new apps to their devices, they can still enjoy the convenience which comes with messenger without having to install the app.
Here is how.
- From your browser, go to Messenger.com
- If you are doing this on your desktop, then it will automatically open your messages
- However, if it is on a phone, then it will prompt you to download the app
- To avoid this if you are an Android user tap the three dots which appear in the right-hand corner of your phone and if you are an IOS user, press the share button option in Safari
- Doing so brings the request desktop site option for both Android and IOS users
- Press on the option, and you will access your messages without having to install messenger
Downloading and installing the Facebook Messenger app might be the best decision you will make when it comes to phone and device application. It is packed a punch of awesome features which make communicating with friends and family more fun, and you can also customize it.
What’s even better is that you can now communicate on a one and one basis with friends without being distracted by the newsfeed. That is why we prepared the above list to help all device users install Facebook messenger and enjoy the convenience which comes with the app.
- How To Use Messenger On A Computer
- Understanding The Meaning Of Facebook Messenger Icons
- How To Make Free International Voice/Video Calling With Facebook Messenger
Feel free to leave your views on this article to ask questions or add any information you feel might have been helpful by dropping a comment in the comment section below.