Through this article I can explain how you can delete messages from WhatsApp conversations on either iPhones or Android devices.
Hello everyone! It’s Frankie here to give you more helpful tips and guidance. Today it is about deleting messages on WhatsApp. Got something to hide? We all do.
Have I caught you red-handed? Don’t worry, I am not going to spill the beans. Everyone has a few skeletons in the closet.
As you might already be aware, there are several reasons for wanting to delete specific messages. Maybe you have a fling you need to hide, maybe you sent an accidental message and you need to make up for it, or maybe you are deleting any trace of an affair.
Ideally, you are looking for the ability to delete any inconvenient or compromising messages without removing the entire chat.
I didn’t choose these examples at random, either.
You should know that almost 90% of affairs are revealed because of messages read on services like WhatsApp and Messenger, or undeleted pictures and videos stored in the gallery.
Don’t want to be a part of this 90%? Check out the Free Report offering 100 tips on cheating without getting caught.
If you are just looking to delete the entire chat, I would suggest you read this article instead: how to delete and clean WhatsApp chats.
Still with me? Good. So now the question is: is it possible to delete one or more messages from a WhatsApp conversation?
In short, YES. It is ABSOLUTELY possible to delete individual messages.
With this sorted out now, you can find out how you can proceed here.
By reading this article, you can learn to:
- Delete one (or more) WhatsApp messages from a chat on your phone
- Delete one (or more) WhatsApp messages from a chat on your phone (and the recipient’s)
- Delete one (or more) WhatsApp messages permanently from the WhatsApp server
No need for more chat- let’s get started.
Deleting WhatsApp Messages After Sending
With WhatsApp, there are two main options for deleting messages:
- Delete for Me: a deletion option that affects only your smartphone.
- Delete for Everyone: deletion option that removes from your smartphone and any recipient of the message.
It is important to take a few minutes and better understand how this works.
Deleting a WhatsApp Message for Me
“Delete Message for Me“option removes a copy of a message sent or received on the phone.
Completing this has no bearing on the conversation seen on the other end. They will retain these messages after they have been removed from your device.
With an iPhone, here are the steps you need to take:
- Open up WhatsApp and go to the chat containing the message you want to delete.
- Long press the message, choose Delete from the menu. You can choose multiple messages at this point to delete more than one.
- Choose Delete > Delete for me
If you are using an Android device, here is what you need to do:
- Open up WhatsApp and go to the chat with the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the selected message. You can choose several messages at this point.
- Choose Delete > Delete for me
This is a quick and effective solution, especially if you have send a message that could be compromising and you do not have the time to leave it on your device.
Deleting a WhatsApp Message for Everyone
Deleting messages for everyone enables you to get rid of specific messages send to all involved in group and individual chat.
When you delete a message, it will get replaced by a statement “This message was deleted” in the chat of your recipient.
Likewise, if you see “This message was deleted” in a chat you are in, the sender deleted a message everyone could see.
To remove a message from all devices using an iPhone:
- Open WhatsApp and got to a chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Long press and choose Delete from the menu that appears. You can select multiple messages to remove several at once.
- Choose Delete > Delete for Everyone
Android users follow a similar path with these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and got to the chat with the message you intend to delete.
- Select and long press the message you wish to delete and then select among multiple messages you can remove at this same time.
- From the menu, choose Delete (on the top of the screen) > Delete for Everyone
I think it is important for you to know:
- Recipients can still read a message if you do not delete it quickly enough, or if elimination is not immediately successful.
- You will not get any notification if the elimination failed.
- You have a 7 minute window from when the message is sent to delete it for everyone – after that, you can try the Time Back trick, but it doesn’t always work.
Permanently Deleting WhatsApp Chats
Up to this point, I have shown you what you can do with the WhatsApp application.
You are likely unaware that messages sent on WhatsApp, besides being stored for 30 days on the app servers, are also stored indefinitely in your smartphone’s memory.
Even if you manually delete specific messages, they actually remain in the memory of the phone until they get overwritten by other data.
A data recovery program (which there are tons on Google) or spyware like mSpy could be enough to revive all of the seemingly ‘deleted’ messages on your device.
So, you can appreciate now how much of a risk this can be for your privacy.
What if your partner were to see all of these messages using some spyware installed on your phone? That would be the end of that relationship!
The solution to this problem is simple and it is the same for both iPhone and Android: iMyFone Umate. This software can help you to permanently delete WhatsApp chat backups on your device.
You will find multiple programs that can help you permanently delete WhatsApp messages on your phone’s memory. I chose these because I have used them in the past and they have worked.
I have other solutions and tips for safety and privacy protection in my personally designed course: Try to Catch Me: How to Cheat Without Getting Caught.
We are nearing the end here, but it is important to sum up the information that you should have learned reading through this article.
- It is possible to delete one (or more) messages from a single conversation on WhatsApp.
- Two choices for deleting these messages: Delete for Me or Delete for Everyone.
- Messages can stay in your memory after deletion. Apps can entirely and permanently remove them from your phone.
- Download my free report offering 100 tips for cheating without getting caught.
Maximize WhatsApp Account Security With These Steps
Deleting messages on WhatsApp is only part of the equation to ensure the privacy of your smartphone.
Here are some other options that you can consider as well:
- Hide WhatsApp message previews
- Delete all photos, videos, and audio from WhatsApp and device
- Mute all WhatsApp conversations
- Clean data traffic (showing who you chat with the most)
- Lock WhatsApp with a password
- Cheating on WhatsApp without getting caught
Take a sigh of relief – you’ve made it to the end and you are well aware of how to keep your information and conversations safe from prying eyes.
If you have an interest in protecting your smartphone from prying eyes, you should take a look at our “Try to Catch Me” feature. This is a smart video course that can offer short tutorials to bolster privacy.
If you have doubts or questions, I am here to help. Leave a comment down below.