Are you looking for a version of WhatsApp for PC? Do you want to know how to install WhatsApp on PC? Are you exploiting the enormous OS X Yosemite potential, but WhatsApp for Mac is not available? Here is a definitive guide to run WhatsApp messenger on computer.
Updatate August 2015: WhatsApp Web is now available for iPhone users
WhatsApp Web is a version of the instant messaging app designed to run on PC. This version has been rolled out to enrich the communication experience of users by offering multi-platform access to the app. However, since most people already use WhatsApp on their phone, the Web version is relatively unknown. There are some differences between WhatsApp for PC
How to use WhatsApp Messenger on PC
- A WhatsApp account on your phone (opening a new account is not required).
- An internet connection both on your computer and on your phone.
- The latest version of Google Chrome, Opera or Mozilla.
If you meet all of the requirements, proceed as follow:
- Go to web.whatsapp.com from your computer.
- Open WhatsApp app on your phone and tap WhatsApp Web from the menu.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the screen of your computer.
- Now you are able to use WhatsApp on your PC.
- Once you are done, don’t forget to log off.
Latest news (July 2015)
A few months after rolling out, WhatsApp for PC has been enriched with new interesting feature. Above all, it’s now possible to change your profile picture and status due to thousands requests coming from users. Earlier, it could be done only from mobile phones.
To change the profile picture, tap the options (the three dots in the top left corner) and drag the new image into the box. Alternatively, click on your picture, tap “change profile picture”, and pick one from your PC.
To change the status, click on the pencil icon located under the profile picture.
In addition, with the new updates, you have more control over chats and groups. For example, you can delete chats or you can mute a specific group.
All these features can be activated/deactivated from the three dots on the top right after opening a chat in a group.
P.S. To exploit the new features of WhatsApp Web, you don’t have to download anything. Just open it as explained above, and you will automatically see all of the updates.
5 things you need to know about WhatsApp for computer
1) Currently, the service can only be used from Android, Windows Phone (is available only for +8.0), Blackberry, Nokia S40/S60, and BB10 phones. (Updatate August 2015: WhatsApp Web client is available for iPhone users)
2) The version for the web has a similar interface to the phone one, except that it’s bigger. You can use emoticons, see the contact list, and so on.
3) If you want to send a voice message, you will be required to allow or deny WhatsApp Web by using your computer’s microphone.
4) You will never be required to download any software to use WhatsApp Web. All you need to do is go to web.whatsapp.com and follow the procedure listed above.
5)WhatsApp Web is a completely free service. You just need to pay for your WhatsApp subscription.
HOW DO I SEND PICTURES AND VIDEOS FROM WHATSAPP WEB?
>You can send any video or picture from the computer version. To do so, open the group or contact you want to share content with. Tap the upper paper clip icon, and upload video or picture from your computer. The limit for each upload is 16 mb.
HOW DO I RECEIVE ALERTS?
You can even receive alerts for WhatsApp Web. The notifications can be found at the bottom right of the screen, once you have activated it. To turn them on, tap “>Turn on desktop notifications” in the blue box at the top of the chat list, and then click “allow”. If you are not receiving any kind of alerts, check to see if you have turned on notifications in your browser, or if you have muted them.
WhatsApp Web was designed as a solution for users who prefer to use the application on a computer rather than on a mobile device. The service is easy to install, as well as easy to use. Essentially, Web users can enjoy all aspects of the mobile application, only on a much larger scale.