Are you looking for the latest update of WhatsApp? The following is a definite guide to upgrade WhatsApp and the direct links to download the latest version on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Nokia and any other kind of phone.
On this page you can find a guide and the direct links to update WhatsApp Messenger to the latest version available on iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows phones, and so on. The whole process does not depend on the model of the phone, but it does vary based on the operating system.
For example, whether you want to update WhatsApp on iPhone 4, 5 or 6, the procedure will be the same as they have the same operating system (in this case iOS). However, the procedure to get the latest WhatsApp version on Android will be the same whether you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or an Huawei Ascend G300 – as well as for any other Android phones – as it is part of the same operation system created by Google.
Right! Let’s go deep into the matter.
How Do I update WhatsApp?
Everything is simpler than you might imagine:
1. Open this page of WhatsAppLab from your phone that has installed the WhatsApp app to be updated.
2. Click the link (find it below on this page) based on the model of phone that you own.
3. Tap Update and follow the wizard.
Updates for WhatsApp, direct links:
WhatsApp update for iPhone (iPhone 3GS/iOS 6 or above)
WhatsApp update for Android (Android OS 2.3.3 or above)
WhatsApp update for Blackberry (BlackBerry OS e BlackBerry 10)
WhatsApp update for Windows Phone (Windows Phone 7)
WhatsApp update for Nokia s40 (Nokia C3-00, Nokia C3-01, Nokia X2-01, Nokia X3-02, Nokia X3-02.5, Nokia X2-00, Nokia Asha: 201, 205 – Chat Edition, 206, 208, 210, 300, 301, 302, 303, 305, 306, 308, 309, 310, 311, 515, 500, 501, 502, 503, 230)
UPDATE 2017: WhatsApp is not supported on:
- Nokia Symbian S60 after June 30, 2017
- BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 after December 31, 2017
- Windows Phone 8.0 and older after December 31, 2017
- Nokia S40 after December 31, 2018
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older after February 1, 2020
– These are official links, and therefore safe and 100% stable.
– When you update WhatsApp Messenger, you’ll have all the features updated too, according to the different released versions for different operating systems (Android, IOS, etc.).
– Updating WhatsApp is not dependant on your subscription and is free of charge. To learn more about subscription fees, read the article “how to pay for WhatsApp”.
– Keeping up to date with an application is not only a way to get all the latest features, but ensures that the app works properly.
Tips to update WhatsApp
I recommend to keep constantly updating WhatsApp, as the new releases fix errors that may have occurred in older versions and then improve all features.
Also, it is good practice to get the newest WhatsApp messenger app when you are reported through a notification or check by yourself if the latest version is installed on your phone.
If you want to always have the latest version of WhatsApp on your operating system, but do not want to manually update the application every time, you can find in the settings menu of the App Store on your phone the “Auto-Update” feature, which makes everything automatic. The only drawback of this is the inability to control the time at which it will download the update. It would be a very useful feature if, for example, we want to get updates while using Wi-Fi, avoiding the consumption of traffic data. If however we decide to activate this option, remember that will automatically update all the other applications you have on your phone.
Turn off automatic updates
Another drawback of automatic updates can occur when we travel abroad, where the costs of connecting to the Internet are much higher. Therefore, I highly recommend knowing how to disable all automatic updates.
To turn off automatic updates on Android phones, access Google Play and in the application, click on the three dots on the left in the top bar, which will open a menu. Now go to Settings -> Automatic Updates > Off. For automatic updates on the iPhone, open the Settings menu of the Apple Store, go to Automatic Downloads -> Updates and turn off the option.