WhatsApp is one of the most popular cross platforms messaging app that allows users not only to connect with family and friends but to share photos, videos and documents too. Today, it has over 1 billion active users and this can be attributed to its amazing features. One of them is the ability to create groups. This feature enables users to congregate likeminded people into one contact group. Users belonging to the same group can communicate, share videos and photos. While this feature is great, there are problems that arise as a result of its use.
The incessant notification tone that alerts you of a new message every single second is the said problem. Not only does it result in you almost turning into the Incredible Hulk thanks to the rising anger but thoughts of throwing your phone against the wall start to creep in. The good news is that a solution is available to get rid of this pestering behavior and provide you with peace of mind. Whether you are using an iOS or Android device, this feature is readily available to you. All it awaits is your activation.
The feature I am talking about is the ability to turn off group notifications. Although the feature is temporary and can be restored anytime in the future, at least it gives you peace of mind. Here is a how to guide to help you stop the pestering notifications.
Muting WhatsApp group notification for Android devices
For those who are using Android devices, you can deactivate the incessant alerts for a specific group. Here is how you can do it.
- Step One – Activate your WhatsApp by tapping on the respective icon
- Step Two – Visit the specific group from the available list
- Step Three – Tap on the Menu button. This is symbolized by three dots located on the top right corner
- Step Four – Select mute and the time frame
- Step Five – You are done. Now you can spend the rest of the day without any disruption.
Do you want to mute all the groups?
All you need to do is tap on Settings then navigate to Notifications > Group Notifications > Notifications and tap on “None”. This will mute all groups until you reactivate the feature.
Muting WhatsApp group notifications for iOS devices
If you own an iPhone, then you can still be pestered by annoying WhatsApp group notifications. Want to learn how to mute them? Here is a simple procedure.
- Step One – Start by tapping the WhatsApp icon to launch the app
- Step Two – Swipe left on the specific group you intend to mute from the chat window
- Step Three – Select “More”
- Step Four – Tap on “Mute” and select the time frame
- Step Five – You are done.
How to mute all WhatsApp groups on the iPhone?
Navigate to Settings > Tap on Notifications > Under Group Notifications, slide to disable the Alerts toggle button.