Don’t like the fact that your contacts know when you’re online or get your last seen status? The following is a definitive guide that will explain step by step how to be invisible on WhatsApp whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone.
After you have read this short article, you will learn how to appear invisible on WhatsApp in just a few simple steps. You will be able to read any message without appearing online or hide your last seen, avoiding your contacts knowing every time you log in. The further you browse toward the end, the more you will know how to maximize your privacy level. WhatsApp privacy, in fact, is one the most controversial topics on the net.
Before going deeper into the matter, let’s get things straight: unfortunately there is no single option that allows you to make a contact invisible. In fact, you have to play with settings to disappear from WhatsApp, taking notice of pros and cons. In this guide you will find a list of things you can do to become invisible on WhatsApp, so you will learn:
- How to hide your online status.
- How to hide your last seen.
- How to read a message without making the ticks blue.
- Block the person you want to hide from.
You don’t need any app to be invisible on WhatsApp
There are a lot of apps to go invisible on WhatsApp out there and you’ve probably wondered if you need them. Well, the answer is clear: NO! What these apps do is just turn on airplane mode to make you invisible while you read your messages. But do you really need to install an app to activate airplane mode? Of course you don’t! You’re intelligent enough to know that you can do it through the settings menu without wasting time installing an app.
How To Set Your WhatsApp Status To Invisible
As has already been said, WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to become invisible as you did on the old MSN Messenger. This does not mean that you cannot do anything to keep away the meddlers who want to know when you’re online or when you logged in last time.
Let’s see the 4 things to do to be invisible on WhatsApp on iPhone, Android and Windows mobile:
1. Turn on airplane mode. By doing so, you can read all your messages while preventing blue ticks from appearing. Besides this, you can open the app without people seeing you online and your last seen will not be updated. When you disable airplane mode you will be visible again.
2. Block the contact you want to hide from. Turning on airplane mode may sounds like an extreme solution as you will not receive calls and messages while offline. That’s why you might prefer to block only the contact you want to hide from and keep your phone working. By doing so, you will be invisible to the contact in question. He/she will not be able to see your last seen, your profile picture or when you’re online anymore, in addition to not being able to send messages to you. To block a contact both on iOS and Android phones, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked > Add New. Afterwards, if you want to unblock the contact, go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked Contacts. Then, tap and hold on the contact’s name and select unblock from the menu.
3. Disable the last seen. This is one of the things that most bothers WhatsApp users. “Why should I tell my friends when I was logged in?” To deactivate it, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Account > Privacy and set Nobody. If you want to learn more about WhatsApp ticks, read our complete guide about ticks.
4. Uncheck read receipts. Have you seen the blue ticks that appear in the chat box? They are receipts that indicate that the message has been read by the recipient. So, you may want to deactivate read receipts so as to not inform your contacts when you read their messages. To do so, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Account > Privacy and uncheck read receipts. Remember that when you disable this function you will not be able to see when others read your messages either.
Now that you’re invisible, take a glance at privacy
Now that you’ve discovered how to be invisible on WhatsApp, I recommend taking a look at all the information about Privacy on WhatsApp. Knowing them is essential to prevent people from taking a step into our private lives.